DISTRICT HEATING HYDRAULICS
Throughout this program, you will delve into the fundamental concepts of DH hydraulics, understanding the intricacies of heat transfer, fluid dynamics, and system components. Real-world case studies and hands-on simulations will empower you to analyze and enhance existing DH networks, optimize flow rates, and troubleshoot common hydraulic challenges.
Whether you are an engineer, energy specialist, or urban planner, this course offers a comprehensive understanding of DH hydraulics, equipping you to play a pivotal role in creating sustainable, efficient, and resilient district heating systems.
Online Course in Zoom
Members of Euroheat & Power -10%
Jan Eric Thorsen
Member of the Board at HEATCONSULT (EE)
CERTIFICATION INCLUDEDThe certification included in this course is a testament to our commitment to delivering high-quality education and ensuring that participants possess a recognized and valuable credential. Our certification is meticulously designed to reflect the depth of knowledge and skills acquired throughout the course. It is widely respected and acknowledged within the industry, serving as a mark of distinction and a validation of the participant's expertise in the field of energy efficiency assessment. The certification not only demonstrates proficiency in key concepts and practices but also enhances professional credibility and career opportunities. With our rigorous assessment processes and stringent standards, participants can trust that the certification they earn carries substantial value and recognition in their pursuit of excellence.
- Basics of hydraulic calculations;
- Purpose of the hydraulic calculations;
- Manual calculations vs computer aided calculations;
- Main topics that have to be considered in calculations;
- Hydraulic head graphs for system analysis.
- Domestic hot water system;
- Heating system;
- The flat station concept (the concept of decentralized/flat level substation);
- Thermal length of heat exchangers;
- Considerations for reducing the operational temperatures on building level;
- Examples of related ongoing demo projects.
- Pipe sizing calculations with incorporation of diversity
- Component sizing and solutions for common balancing challenges.
- Understanding the significance of BMS/BEMS control with focus on temperature, flow and pump control strategies.
- Hydraulic optimization techniques for energy centers utilizing multiple energy sources, such as CHP’s, boilers, heat pumps and Aquifer Thermal Energy Storage (ATES) or Borehole Thermal Energy Storage (BTES).
- An analysis of centralized vs. decentralized energy center configurations.
Through real-life cases, these topics will be explored in depth, providing valuable insights and best practices.
Hysopt offers a science-based HVAC (Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning) calculation and simulation software to optimise buildings heating and cooling installations. They will present common issues appearing in DH hydraulic systems, detecting and solving these using their software.
- How do we make district energy efficient?
- The importance of approach temperatures
- Modbus connected terminal units
- Typical plant-room issues
- Best practice plant-room design: integrating multiple energy sources and energy source control
- Heat pump refrigerants – temperature regimes
- Integrating heat pumps
- Hybrid plant-rooms
- Thermal storage
- Integrating existing housing stock
- Best efficiency pump staging
- Sector coupling and waste heat utilisation